- Covalent’s annual retreat provides a welcome opportunity to reward success, bond our team, and build on the future
- Spending time with those we don’t often work with strengthens our Talent, Culture, and People Pillar of Growth
- We ditched the clichéd trust exercises in exchange for raising pulses on a teambuilding river rapids excursion
- Covalent presented six new awards to recognize those who have shown exemplary performance and relentlessness in their roles
Slowing Down to Speed Up
Covalent’s annual retreat allows us a rare opportunity to slow down and reflect together so that we are better prepared to speed up when it counts. Every year, we use this time to seat the entire company in one room and then strengthen our team by learning more about each other, building on our vision and opportunities for growth, and being open-minded to new perspectives and ideas outside our day-to-day silos.
This year, we received an inspiring presentation from our CTO, Levi Aul, on how we can all expand our vision for changing the world, we collaborated as a company on strengthening our 5 Pillars of Growth, and then blew off some steam with dinner, games, and dancing at our tropical-themed evening celebration.
Chilliwack River Rafting
At Covalent, we pride ourselves on being best-in-class. So, when it comes to our company’s annual retreat, you can forget the clichéd trust falls and hyperactive motivational speakers. For this year’s team-building exercise, we aimed for something… deeper! Pulling our team out of their comfort zones to overcome a daunting river rafting excursion was the perfect way to raise some pulses, and encourage teamwork, trust, and cohesion within our company.
Practicing tradition is a way to strengthen values, foster a sense of belonging, and create positive memories. This year, Covalent began a new tradition of presenting awards to recognize those who have demonstrated exemplary performance and relentlessness in their roles. Six awards were presented at our evening dinner. Congratulations to this year’s winners, and thank you for your hard work and dedication to furthering Covalent’s mission:
- Best Intern - Karthik S - Software Engineer
- Rising Star - Luke H - Product Marketing Manager
- People’s Choice - Brandon R - Data Scientist
- COO’s Operational Excellence - Elizabeth H - Operations Manager
- CTO’s Outstanding Engineering - Adam W - API Engineer
- CEO’s Embodiment of the Covalent Core Values - Katerina A - Software Engineer