- Covalent announced our partnership with Chainstack for subnets on Avalanche, which are custom blockchain networks and are the most significant evolution of the Avalanche ecosystem to date.
- In addition to hosting two workshops, Covalent was grateful to be a sponsor for the hackathon segment of the Summit hosted by Encode Club in partnership with Avalanche, and even more excited to see almost 50% of the total BUIDLs submitted were built with our world-class Covalent NFT market data endpoints.
- Avalanche Summit 2022 provided a wonderful experience for team members to interact with our long-term partners at Avalanche and its ecosystem, and celebrated the C-chain reaching two (2) million unique wallets!
On March 22nd to the 27th, 2022, some members of the Covalent team took part in the Avalanche Summit 2022. This exciting event was held in the beautiful and historic Poble Espanyol, Barcelona, Spain. The conference hosted IRL (In-Real-Life), developers, researchers, and makers building on Avalanche, with the hackathon kicking off on Friday afternoon and ending on Sunday.
- Ganesh Swami, CEO and co-founder at Covalent, with panelists listed below.
On Thursday, March 24th, Ganesh Swami, CEO and co-founder of Covalent, participated in a panel discussion, Going to Market with Subnets, along with:
- Eugene Assev, Founder and CTO of Chainstack
- Simon Souyris Strumse, Director at Vesterålen Havbruk Technologies
- Moderated by Patrick O’ Grady, Head of Engineering at AVA labs
During this panel discussion, Ganesh announced Covalent’s partnership with Chainstack to enable developers to create and support Avalanche Subnets, which are custom blockchain networks that serve a variety of project use cases and needs. Covalent will provide a full historical archive of subnet data with all of the features supported by the Covalent Unified API, while Chainstack will provide full infrastructure for any application looking to launch a subnet. Covalent is looking towards the future of subnets and the use cases that will be created in the data infrastructure layer of Web3, and is grateful to have received such an enthusiastic reception to the announcement from the Avalanche Community.
- Ganesh Swami, CEO and co-founder at Covalent with Emin Gün Sirer, co-founder and CEO of AVA Labs and Kevin Sekniqi, co-founder and COO at AVA Labs.
- Harish Raisinghani, Head of Developer Relations at Covalent, speaking with conference attendees at the Covalent booth.
On Saturday, March 26th at 4:30 pm, Erik Ashdown, Head of Ecosystem at Covalent, led the workshop Exploring Web3 Use Cases with Covalent, a workshop to highlight all of the possibilities using the Covalent API.
Thanks team for the wonderful evening. pic.twitter.com/5WdwJZ1nwt— Apie.eth (@Appie_Alchemist) March 26, 2022
Abbas Kaya, Community Manager at Covalent, tweeted this picture of the team that represented Covalent at Avalanche Summit and their family and friends (in counter-clockwise):
- Harish Raisinghani, Head of Developer Relations
- Brandon Rochon, Head of Research
- Ganesh Swami, CEO and co-founder
- Erik Ashdown, Head of Ecosystem
Covalent strongly believes in supporting the developer community and was looking forward to being one of the sponsors for the hackathon segment of the Summit. A highlight was seeing the key founders of Avalanche, Kevin Sekniqi and Emin Gün Sirer, along with Patrick O’Grady, Head of Engineering, being active observers in the event and helping builders with their projects.
- Harish, Head of Developer Relations at Covalent, with some of the winners of the Covalent Hackathon.
As displayed in the picture above, Covalent had two challenges and $10k in bounties available for builders:
- Use any Covalent API endpoints for your project at the Avalanche Summit hackathon BUIDLs
- Use the Covalent API with any of the other Avalanche Summit hackathon sponsor platforms or tools for their BUIDLs
We were pleased to see that out of the 40 total submissions, 19 used the Covalent API for their BUIDLs.
NFTs were a popular theme in the BUIDLs seen at the hackathon, and we were even happier to see that all of those projects were using our world-class NFT Covalent endpoints and extracting historical, granular NFT data which provide both a global view of NFT collections ranked by market cap, as well as a detailed view of historical sale and floor price information for a particular collection.
GM. I'm at the #Avalanche Summit in Barcelona and really loving it. Great energy / good vibes.— Ganesh Swami (@ Avalanche Summit 🔺) (@gane5h) March 24, 2022
Speaking on subnets today. Crunched some numbers with @Covalent_HQ and found 2m unique wallets have paid gas on the C-chain so far. 🔥🔥🔥
Incredible traction - congrats all. pic.twitter.com/HI4CQ00RRc
Covalent had even more to celebrate while in Barcelona with the awesome discovery from Ganesh that two (2) million unique wallets have paid gas on the C-chain so far! To quote the CEO himself, “Congrats all”.
Developer resources and support
For feedback and support, API users can head to the dedicated feedback-and-support channel in our Discord. To request new features on the API, users can head to the Covalent Governance Forum and make requests within the ‘Development’ category here.
Covalent provides the industry-leading Unified API bringing visibility to billions of Web3 data points. Developers use Covalent to build exciting multi-chain applications like crypto wallets, NFT galleries, and investor dashboard tools utilizing data from 40+ blockchains. Covalent is trusted by a community of 30,000+ developers and powers data for 3000+ applications including 0x, Zerion, Rainbow Wallet, Rotki, Bitski and many others.