Covalent is pleased to announce the winners of the $8,500 pool prize offered for the Chainlink Spring Hackathon, which involved nearly 1500 developers and over $1M in prizes! There were 36 submissions for the pool prize, which required projects to use the Covalent Unified API to pull on-chain data from supported blockchains into a smart contract. We’re excited to explore this novel and emerging use case with Chainlink.
Keep reading to check out their projects!
🎉 The top 2 projects that we would like to highlight are: 🎉
- The Monitor - $3,000 top prize
- Omnidata Protocol - $2,500 prize
Check out this link to see all the Covalent Unified API submissions.
Quote from Melodi Kaya, Head of Developer Marketing at Chainlink Labs
- Project links: https://devpost.com/software/the-monitor
- Builders: Pascal Belouin & Sijuade Ajagunna
- Use case: Monitors wallet address for staking rewards and automatically swaps a specified amount to a stablecoin when a reward is received.
- Covalent API: Uses the ****
Get log events by topic hashendpoint to monitor for particular swaps in their application smart contract and displays those details for the users
Quote from Pascal Belouin & Sijuade Ajagunna, The Monitor
- Project links: https://github.com/omnidata-network/chainlink-hack
- Builders: Victor Feng
- Use case: Use smart contracts to store data on IPFS and retrieve any NFT data on any blockchains.
- Covalent API: A dedicated Chainlink external adapter is set up to use the Covalent API - https://github.com/omnidata-network/omnidata-ea-js/tree/develop/packages/composites/covalent
Quote from Victor Feng, Omnidata
Congratulations to all the talented participants!
Covalent provides the industry-leading Unified API bringing visibility to billions of Web3 data points. Developers use Covalent to build exciting multi-chain applications like crypto wallets, NFT galleries, and investor dashboard tools utilizing data from 40+ blockchains. Covalent is trusted by a community of 30,000+ developers and powers data for 3000+ applications including 0x, Zerion, Rainbow Wallet, Rotki, Bitski and many others.