Welcome to our first monthly update of 2022! It may be cold outside, but the Covalent engine continues to keep running hot. Let’s look at a quick recap of everything that happened in January!
- 2 new blockchains indexed
- 6 epic hackathons
- 7 product updates
- 2 publications
- We proudly announced the release of our Block Specimen Whitepapers! These whitepapers centre around a brand new specification, the Block Specimen, which is a novel new way to securely extra data from blockchains with cryptographic proof. To date, no one has addressed the read scalability issue in Web3. The Block Specimen presents a unified, canonical schema that can be applied across multiple blockchains.
- In case you missed it (ICYMI), our Community Call #9 happened on Thursday, January 27th, and goes in depth about everything that’s been happening at Covalent as we start out 2022 by hitting the ground running! We were joined by the special guest, Felix Lutsch, from Chorus One! You can watch the call below!
- Our very own Erik Ashdown, Head of Ecosystem, was featured in an article by Cointelegraph, which included his thoughts regarding cross-chain ecosystems. The article focuses on how industry players are responding to insights from Vitalik Buterin. Read the article here.
- Covalent was featured on the Coinbase blog! This article went in-depth on an analysis of the Web3 stack and included Covalent within the Infrastucture layer. Check out the article here!
- The Dapp List featured Covalent’s Pratik Gandhi on a great episode talking about everything on DAOs and the path to decentralization!
- We announced our partnership with RSK, a smart contract blockchain secured by the Bitcoin Network! Read the RSK press release here.
🎈 We’re excited to announce @RSKsmart's integration with Covalent!— Covalent (🧪, 🧪) (@Covalent_HQ) January 20, 2022
This integration enables developers to BUIDL on #RSK with rich, granular data.
Learn more: https://t.co/2niLLo48Bt 🎉 pic.twitter.com/iqWgX3UF1P
- We also announced our integration with Moonbeam, the Ethereum-compatible smart contract platform on Polkadot! Read more about it here.
1/ 🔥🔥 We’re excited to announce the integration of @MoonbeamNetwork, the Ethereum-compatible smart contract platform on Polkadot! 🔥🔥— Covalent (🧪, 🧪) (@Covalent_HQ) February 2, 2022
✅ See more details here: https://t.co/2S9IZ1f3RG 😀 pic.twitter.com/sc9UYkS0fn
- Our first Shipping Wednesday on January 12th was the successful launch of two new Class A endpoints for NFT market data. Watch this video here where our very own Leibing Guo & Leilani Ledingham talk about some of its pros and use-cases at the NFTHack Kickoff!
- We were also super excited to be apart of nwHacks with nwPlus, open to students from all levels of expertise and ran from January 15th to 16th!
- Covalent is also excited to officially join the Gitcoin Schelling Point Virtual Hackathon running from January 20th - February 10th, and support this community building the Web3 future! Read the blog post here.
1/ 🥳 We're excited to be sponsoring the @gitcoin Schelling Point Virtual Hackathon!— Covalent (🧪, 🧪) (@Covalent_HQ) January 21, 2022
💰 Offering 7K in prizes for:
- DAO transparency dashboards
- Quadratic voting platforms
- Any form of public goods projects leveraging Web3
👀 https://t.co/G6cc9stN8O https://t.co/422k6unDnp
- We also are excited to be part of the Moralis and Avalance Web3 Hackathon, that ran from December 6th to January 31st!
🔔 Don't forget to submit your projects for the @moralisweb3 @avlancheavax Hackathon today!— Covalent (🧪, 🧪) (@Covalent_HQ) January 31, 2022
💸 There's $20K available for those who made the best use of the #CovalentAPI!
🏃♀️ Submit here: https://t.co/0GCKcpNcK4 https://t.co/AMwxZg80p8
- Last, but definitely not least, Covalent is excited to be apart of the Road to Web3 hackathon with ETHGlobal and Polygon!
🚗 Road trip! 🚙— Covalent (🧪, 🧪) (@Covalent_HQ) January 28, 2022
✨ Join us for @ETHGlobal & @0xPolygon's #RoadtoWeb3!
💰 @Covalent_HQ is offering $4K USDT in total prizes across multiple bounties for projects making the best use of our industry-leading #UnifiedAPI
💃 Sign up here: https://t.co/GG1eDmP6mb https://t.co/Wbl1RFcfCV
- To celebrate the Year of the Tiger this Lunar New Year, we launched a giveaway for seven lucky winners on our Twitter! There’s still time to participate as we’re announcing winners on February 7th, so click here and follow our three simple requirements to enter!
🌝 Happy Year of the Tiger! 🐯— Covalent (🧪, 🧪) (@Covalent_HQ) February 1, 2022
To celebrate, we’ve got some awesome prizes:
✨ 2 winners x 888 USDC
✴️ 5 winners x Covalent swag + an NFT with a handwritten note from our very own CEO - @ganes5h
🆗like and RT
✔️tag 3 friends pic.twitter.com/1RqFqjNCYL
- Who’s ready to BUIDL? We’re so proud to be a Cypher Sponsor for ETHDenver, and we can’t wait to see you all there. Don’t forget to check us out at Shill Zone Floor 2, Booth P17! Also be sure to save the date on Thursday, February 17th, as our CEO, Ganesh, will be the keynote speaker at the Opening Ceremony. Read more about it here.
- Our very own Luke Harriman, Product Marketing, hosted a Twitter spaces talks with 1kx Network on everything about GameFi. Check out the recording here!
- We released our 2021 annual report! Check out some of our stats below, but be prepared. If you think 2021 was great, just wait and see for what we’ve got in store for 2022!
- Covalent also took a deep dive into analyzing Axie Infinity in the research report, Understand how Axie Infinity generates revenue. This amazing report explores GameFi through an in-depth data analysis of Axie Infinity’s Reach, Retention and Revenue!
- We’ve had a lot of updates in January so let’s get down to it! Covalent has introduced 2 new Class A endpoints which provide granular NFT market data for numerous marketplaces across 5 blockchains – Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Polygon, Avalanche, and Moonriver. The new endpoints provide both a global view of NFT collections ranked by market cap, as well as a detailed view of historical sale and floor price information for a particular collection. We’ve also added support for 2 new DEXs and 1 new NFT marketplace! The XY=K endpoints now support Moonbeam’s StellaSwap and Beamswap. We also added Arbitrum’s Treasure marketplace to our NFT Market Data endpoints! Try them here!
- The launch of the Block Specimen white papers also included the release of an open-source reference implementation, a set of patches atop the popular Ethereum client Geth. We didn’t stop there, because we also launched the Covalent Network roadmap AND a new set of wallpapers to celebrate the Covalent Network progress! To read more and get your own wallpapers, click here.
Covalent provides the industry-leading Unified API bringing visibility to billions of Web3 data points. Developers use Covalent to build exciting multi-chain applications like crypto wallets, NFT galleries, and investor dashboard tools utilizing data from 40+ blockchains. Covalent is trusted by a community of 30,000+ developers and powers data for 3000+ applications including 0x, Zerion, Rainbow Wallet, Rotki, Bitski and many others.