Following Covalent’s integration with Avalanche, Covalent and Avalanche are excited to co-present the biggest edition of the #OneMillionWallets hackathon yet.
#OneMillionWallets is a ‘Proof-of-Education’ campaign with the goal of celebrating the creativity and diversity of decentralized wallet applications. People are diverse, and one wallet for everyone just doesn’t cut it. #OneMillionWallets empowers anyone from developers to creatives to build their own custom crypto wallet powered by the Covalent API.
The Covalent API enables projects to get to market rapidly, which is why over a hundred customers succeed with Covalent including market leaders like 0x, Zerion, Balancer, Reef, NFTX, and ChainGuardians across the DeFi and NFT verticals. Zerion, in particular, uses the Covalent API for their multi-blockchain strategy to show balances and positions, and the primary benefit to them was that they were able to go to market in less than a day.
This edition of #OneMillionWallets, which starts on Tuesday, April 6, focuses on building on Avalanche with a total prize of $15,000 USD (in AVAX) being offered for the hackathon and community challenges. Registration is now open.
One Million Wallets - Avalanche
One Million Wallets - Avalanche will run from April 6 - April 19, 2021. The objective of this track is to build Avalanche-based digital asset wallets powered by the Covalent API. Please note that it is mandatory to build your custom digital asset wallet on the Avalanche mainnet, or the Fuji testnet.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- A custom price or asset balance tracker that can be used on a wearable device, built into a spreadsheet, or offered as a browser extension.
- A custom wallet that pulls all your NFT tokens and presents them in a slideshow to specific music depending on the token.
- For more advanced developers, an interesting dashboard app or calculator that can determine your Avalanche portfolio’s historical ROI, cost basis, or tax implications.
Examples of past #OneMillionWallets projects include:
Throughout the campaign, we will of course guide and mentor your projects. If you have any feedback and support queries regarding the One Million Wallets campaign, please get in touch via the dedicated Discord channel for direct communication with developers and engineers. The Covalent Discord channel can be found here.
All the details and links to key resources can be found below:
- #OneMilliionWallets campaign page.
- Avalanche network details.
- Avalanche network docs.
- Covalent API and the extensive list of endpoints.
Prizes & Judging Criteria
The total prize pool of $15,000 USD (in AVAX) is broken down into approximately $10,000 USD (in AVAX) for the #OneMillionWallets hackathon and $5,000 USD (in AVAX) for the community challenges.
For the #OneMillionWallets hackathon, submissions will be evaluated on a 1-5 scale based on the following:
- Originality: Does the wallet app do something entirely novel, or at least take a fresh approach to an old problem?
- Execution: Is the wallet app usable in its current state? Is the user experience smooth? Does everything appear to work? Is it well designed?
- Usefulness: Is the wallet practical? Is it something people would actually use? Does it meet a real need?
- Learning: Did the individual or team stretch themselves and push the boundaries of learning in this space?
Avalanche is an open-source platform for launching decentralized applications and enterprise blockchain deployments in one interoperable, highly scalable ecosystem. Avalanche is the first decentralized smart contracts platform built for the scale of global finance, with near-instant transaction finality. Ethereum developers can quickly build on Avalanche as Solidity works out-of-the-box.
Covalent leverages big-data technologies to create meaning from hundreds of billions of data points, delivering actionable insights to investors and allowing developers to allocate resources to higher-utility goals within their organization. Instead of pain-stakingly sourcing data from a small handful of chains, Covalent aggregates information from across dozens of sources including nodes, chains and data feeds. The Covalent API then sources end users with individualized data by wallet, including current and historical investment performance across all types of digital assets. Most importantly, Covalent returns this data in a rapid and consistent manner, incorporating all relevant data within one API interface.