We are excited to kickstart 2021 with another edition of One Million Wallets, alongside our ecosystem partner Matic Network, in the upcoming EtherPunk 2021 - a hackathon organized by India’s largest developer community, Devfolio.
One Million Wallets is a ‘Proof-of-Education’ campaign to celebrate the creativity and diversity of wallet applications built on blockchains and this time our campaign is focused on building on the Matic Network. Covalent is offering up to $3,000 USDT in bounties for projects built under this track in EtherPunk. In addition, we will also contribute to the prize pool for Matic projects, which incorporate the Covalent API, in other tracks like DeFi, Gaming & NFTs and Decentralized Prediction Markets.
One Million Wallets - Matic Network
We are collaborating with Matic and supporting the One Million Wallets bounty track at EtherPunk 2021, which runs from January 22nd to February 21st. The objective of this track is for you to build your own custom Matic-based digital asset wallet powered by Covalent APIs. Please note that it is mandatory to build your custom digital asset wallet on the Matic mainnet.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- A custom price tracker that can be used on a wearable device, built into a spreadsheet or offered as a browser extension.
- A custom wallet that pulls all your NFT tokens and presents them in a slideshow to specific music depending on the token.
- For more advanced developers, an interesting dashboard app or calculator that can determine your Matic portfolio’s ROI, cost basis or tax implications.
Throughout the campaign, we will of course guide and mentor your projects. If you have any feedback and support queries regarding the One Million Wallets campaign, please get in touch via the dedicated Discord channel for direct communication with developers and engineers. The Covalent Discord channel can be found here.
All the details and links to key resources can be found below:
Prizes & Judging Criteria
With a total prize pool of $3000 (USDT), the awards range from $200 to $500 (USDT) based on the complexity of the bounty submission.
On a 1-5 scale, submissions for One Million Wallets will be based on the following:
- Originality: Does the wallet app do something entirely novel, or at least take a fresh approach to an old problem?
- Execution: Is the wallet app usable in its current state? Is the user experience smooth? Does everything appear to work? Is it well designed?
- Usefulness: Is the wallet practical? Is it something people would actually use? Does it meet a real need?
- Learning: Did the individual or team stretch themselves and push the boundaries of learning in this space?