Following the first phase of the Ethereum 2.0 roll-out, Covalent is delighted to launch One Million Wallets - a campaign to celebrate the creativity, diversity and passion of the Ethereum developer community.
One Million Wallets
As part of Gitcoin’s ‘Grow Ethereum’ hackathon, which is running from December 2nd to the 18th, the objective of this campaign is for you to build your own custom Ethereum-based digital asset wallet powered by Covalent APIs. We want you to build a digital wallet as diverse as you!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- A custom price tracker which can be used on a wearable device, built into a spreadsheet or offered as a browser extension.
- A custom wallet which pulls all your NFT tokens and presents them in a slideshow to specific music depending on the token.
- For more advanced developers, an interesting dashboard app or calculator which determines your portfolio’s ROI, cost basis or tax implications.
Throughout the campaign, we will of course guide and mentor your projects through tutorial videos, live coding sessions and regular ‘office hours’.
For the non-developers out there, don’t worry. Mini-competitions will be running throughout the course of One Million Wallets to give everyone the opportunity to partake.
All the details and links to key resources are at: onemillionwallets.com
There are two bounty tiers open:
There is a total of over $5,000 USDT in bounties available to be won with the maximum individual prize of $500 USDT and the minimum individual prize of $200 USDT.
Bounties will be awarded based on levels of originality, execution, usefulness and learning. For example, the biggest prizes will be awarded to those who build a functioning wallet prototype with:
- an original or novel use case
- elegant use of Covalent’s APIs
- an aesthetically pleasing UX and app design.
Covalent provides the industry-leading Unified API bringing visibility to billions of Web3 data points. Developers use Covalent to build exciting multi-chain applications like crypto wallets, NFT galleries, and investor dashboard tools utilizing data from 32+ blockchains. Covalent is trusted by a community of 27,000+ developers and powers data for 1000+ applications including 0x, Zerion, Rainbow Wallet, Rotki, Bitski and many others.