April was if not one of the most significant months for Covalent. From the Covalent Network launch, the Covalent Query Token being made available to the public for the first time, to an epic hackathon with Avalanche. April had it all.
The Covalent Network is live! This launch moves the platform beyond a centralized blockchain data API, toward a virtual, global co-operative for blockchain data. The Network will be governed by the Covalent Query Token (CQT) which will allow holders to propose, vote on, and make changes to the parameters of the network. This announcement was made following the news that the Covalent Network will live on Moonbeam Network, with the expected parachain on Polkadot acting as the settlement layer.
In addition to using Moonbeam as the settlement layer for the Covalent Network, we will also be providing a full indexing solution for both Moonbeam and Moonriver.
Although currently ongoing, CQT was made available to the public for the first time via a sale on CoinList. We will be releasing more information regarding the sale in the coming weeks.
For those new to Covalent, we also created a beginners guide! This can be found here.
Covalent is also hiring! Open positions can be found here.
- Following the launch of the Covalent Network, CQTScan went live. You will get to poke around the network to learn more about how it is structured and what data it contains. While this is the first iteration of CQTScan, further features will be added in time including relevant token metrics and health network variables.
- Pancake Swap V2 endpoints are now available to query. You are now able to retrieve a paginated list of Pancake V2 pools sorted by exchange volume, address exchange balances, exchange liquidity transactions, and much more. The entire list of Pancake Swap endpoints can be found here.
The Covalent community is growing fast! With more than 20+ region-specific channels on Telegram and Discord, there is a place for everybody.
Covalent Alchemist Program Update
April brought us several exciting updates for Season 2 of the Alchemist Ambassador Program.
- We’ve had the privilege of working with 600 talented and passionate individuals of different backgrounds and skillsets.
- 20+ Covalent regional communities were launched championed by Alchemists.
- The Alchemist OG’s have mentored 100+ Alchemists to step into more leadership roles where they are managing teams of 3-6 individuals.
- The official Alchemist Publication that showcases articles written in 25+ languages was launched.
#OneMillionWallets - Avalanche
Over the past month, developers have been building Avalanche-based digital asset wallets powered by the Covalent API. We received numerous submissions that showcased a wide range of creativity, from Burst NFT, which is a protocol that allows a user to create a unique NFT basket of an unlimited number of ERC20 and Avalanche based assets to a ‘turbo-charged Chrome Extension displaying wallet balances and transactions on Ethereum and Avalanche.
Congratulations to all of the winners.
Scaling Ethereum - ETHGlobal
Covalent is also currently sponsoring an ETHGlobal hackathon called ‘Scaling Ethereum’ which is the scaling event of 2021 focused on supporting the building of dapps and infrastructure on Ethereum. There are currently 10 projects incorporating the Covalent API and we look forward to seeing the submissions!
Covalent is an official partner to the 2021 Moralis Hackathon which will see devs face-off and compete for a total prize pool of $50,000!
Quote from Ivan on Tech, Founder of Moralis
Moralis is an innovative backend infrastructure solution for those looking to build Web3 applications or dApps.This hackathon will run until the 15th of June, 2021.
Alpha Alarm, our initiative providing daily DeFi visuals, has exploded over the month of April with the Alchemists starting to create content and a total of 62 visuals for the month. The following has grown 10x from 300 at the end of March, to 3k at the end of April. We are working to train more Alchemists and continue this momentum as we build a community of citizen data scientists armed with Covalent’s powerful research tools.
This visual is part of the Alpha Alarm analysis surrounding the FEI genesis event. Check it out on the Alpha Alarm Twitter for more information.
Covalent provides the industry-leading Unified API bringing visibility to billions of Web3 data points. Developers use Covalent to build exciting multi-chain applications like crypto wallets, NFT galleries, and investor dashboard tools utilizing data from 32+ blockchains. Covalent is trusted by a community of 27,000+ developers and powers data for 1000+ applications including 0x, Zerion, Rainbow Wallet, Rotki, Bitski and many others.